Online Bachelor of Arts in Legal Studies
In our comprehensive, competitive online Bachelor Arts of Legal Studies degree completion program you will learn how to navigate the legal world with confidence and will build a strong competence in subjects such as writing, research, and critical thinking. The program is taught 100% online by professors with extensive legal backgrounds that will provide you with the tools necessary to play a key role in your current or future employment. You can access your courses anytime, anywhere and learn at your own pace. Our program is compiled of 120 credits hours and can be completed it as little as two years.
You can also choose two concentrations in areas like paralegal studies, public administration, criminal justice and many others, to hone your learning experience and strengthen your professional expertise.
Interested in law school?
Our online BLS degree completion program provides an introduction to the legal system, familiarity with legal terminology, and the knowledge of various areas of law to take on specific projects in the professional realm.
Interested in expanded career options?
Our Bachelor of the Arts in Legal Studies degree builds skills that are applicable in a variety of industries beyond that of law firms alone including corporate legal departments; local, state, and federal government agencies; real estate firms; health or life insurance companies; banks at the local, state, and national level.
Already a paralegal?
Our online bachelor’s program is beneficial because students can build on core paralegal skills and learn general knowledge about the legal system (beyond the duties of a paralegal).
Students pursuing paralegal careers are encouraged to work towards external certifications sponsored by the National Federation of Paralegal Associations, the National Association of Legal Assistants, the National Association of Legal Secretaries, and the American Alliance of Paralegals.
To learn more about Dominican’s online Bachelor of Arts in Legal Studies (BLS) and download a free brochure, fill out the fields below. You can also call to speak to one of our Admissions Representatives about the degree program.
Through our legal studies bachelor’s program, graduates will:
- Demonstrate proficiency in legal writing including how to write memoranda and how to communicate clearly and persuasively through legal negotiation and the elements necessary to draft a valid contract.
- Show proficiency in legal research: method of using legal resources and incorporating that research into legal documentation.
- Describe and assess the ethical obligations and limitations of legal professionals through examining the legal profession from a philosophical, religious, and practical perspective.
- Navigate the use software applications commonly utilized in legal environments.
- Display analytical and critical thinking ability.
- Utilize foundational knowledge of specific areas of law, including: employment law, criminal law and procedure, civil litigation, family law, estate planning, real estate law, administrative law, and business law.